Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rishikesh Impressions

I'm kind of in a Judy Densch-ish space today. So pleased I took two days to settle in. Yesterday I grooved around Ram Julah (the side of the river where my ashram is) with the people I met on the way here. Veronika (a Czech living in Oz), Patrizia (an Italian living in Texas) and Robert, an Oz thru and thru. We landed up walking to Luxman Julah, the village at the second bridge, and joining a dance class in another ashram. Everyone in Rishikesh seems to have swallowed serious chill pills and are grooving on Loooove Baby :-)

I've connected with Sita Giri - an Amazing being. More about her later. But she asked me to attend Satsang in the Luxman Ashram this morning so.....
I didn't sleep well last night and woke up late this morning. My room in the ashram is comfortable enough albeit freezing cold. Took me a while to get myself together, shower, wash hair, put on my finery, have a tea in my room (scored a kettle from the shop keeper Krishna)
Have just walked along the Ganges River from Ram Julah to Luxman Julah, and this is where the Denschish part comes.
I still can't work out how to get my pics from the iPad on to blog so follow this for now.

Shop keepers sweeping outside their shops and washing down the cow poo and pee from the previous day. The aromas of India are not so much about spices and patchouli here.
a small smiling man with no arms, clutching a grass broom in his left foot, sweeping the piece of roadside that he occupies durning the day.  He sits and smiles at everyone who passes. What an Inspiration.
Ladies in beautiful sari's, oranges, reds and yellows, passing by silently.
A man driving a laden mule.
Cows and dogs everywhere.
Elderly men in orange robes sitting in squat pose on their blankets against a wall, a pot of chai in front of them, reading the newspapers in the early morning sun.
And on and on.
I'm enjoying a coffee at the diving Cafe Coffee Day now. Signing off so I can get to Satsang with Shanti Mai, meeting Sita Giri for lunch and invited to drink tea later with a man I met in the dance yesterday.
Isn't Life Incredible!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment